Question
Posted by: Fortunate | 2011/05/19

1 year old menu

I have just seen your menu for Toddlers in one of your articles. It looks very appetising, thank you. Im worried that it says for toddlers 2 to 3 years. Can I use the same for my 1 year old son but alter portion sizes? Tell me can I start serving oats and noodles to my son at this age?

Dear Fortunate
If your 1-year-old son is eating most foods, then you can certainly give him a variety of foods on a daily basis, but do reduce the portion sizes. Small children have a small stomach capacity which means they need to eat small quantities (some times just a few teaspoons of a food), more often than older children and adults. You can certainly try giving your son cooked oats and cooked noodles. Introduce each one of these alternative starches on their own and once again in small quantities (1 teaspoon at a time).If there are foods that he does not yet like or accept, take your time and introduce him to these foods every month or so, until he is old enough to enjoy them.
I hope your lad likes the menu

1

Dear Fortunate
I hope your lad likes the menu