Posted by: Aries | 2009-07-16

1 week late but hpt negative

i have done numerous research already but non one has given an answer. my period is just a little over a week late but 2 hpt negative results. instead of my period i had very light flow of dark brown discharge, which lasted for about 3 days. i am very crampy. lower back pain &  a bit of naseau. the first test i did was 1 day after missed period &  the second one i did just last night. however i was drinking alot of water yesterday &  a doc did tell me before that water could lower hcg levels did i take a test too early,should i wait. did this happen to anyone before?
if someone could please answer for me?

Dear Aries

The finding of a delayed menstrual period is not uncommon at all and can be due to several reasons apart from a pregnancy including the persistence of a corpus luteum cyst or follicular cysts on the ovary and this should be investigated for.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Posted by: chixy | 2009-07-29

Well it seems my brown discharge experience is not uncommon...
I have this has lasted for about 4 days. I have been advised by a fertility dr that my chances of conception is only via IVF at this stage. We havent been to try IVF but now I am experiencing the discharge and the sore boob, cramps etc - as if my period is about to arrive.
I don' t want to get my hopes up, but I am also worried.

Reply to chixy
Posted by: Shoani | 2009-07-22

i had the same thing. i m convinced that I m not preggies. I did those test twice like u and worse like u say, i have that brown discharge every morning.
i m trying and i have had an ectopic in May' 09. I was hoping that there is a baby in da uterus but was dissapointed. I hate the absence of this menses cos it disturbs my ovulation count.
having to see my Gynae is a long wait to freedom. his appntmnt runs around Sep. Am still trying to find a Gynae for sometime next week for a gud sonar checkup.
I wud say its a cyst but then i just got cleaned afta Ectopic operation.
My sister thought its as a result of Antibiotics cos i took flu meds last week.
I wonda the extent of antibiotics on Hcg.

Reply to Shoani