Question
Posted by: Youngh &  scared | 2010-06-21

1 time to gynae

hi
I have never been to a gynae, but think that i have to start thinking about going. I am 26 and married. The thought scares the living sh#t out of me. I feel like getting a panic attack by just thinking about it. Any suggestions on how to get over this and to just do it. I know it sounds pathetic, but I am really shy person and it is a major deal to me.

You could try seeing a female gynaecologist. Many women are more comfortable with this.

3
Posted by: S | 2010-06-22

Hi. It can be terrifying, but imagine if you had an illness that you didn''t know about which could have been treated /prevented if you had check ups. Why not find a lady GP who can do the pap test for you? But it really is not bad at all and only takes a minute. Be brave!!!

Reply to S
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2010-06-22

Posted by: Becky | 2010-06-21

Hi there, i was also terrified when i went for my first appointment but i took my hubby with and thereafter my mom or sister accompany me. It helps to have someone there with you who can help you feel more at ease. All the gynaes i have ever been to have been quick and proffessional. Remember that they see up to 30 ladies a day so nothing you have is going to be a shock to them. As a matter of fact they are so nonchalent you might find yourself taken aback because you were so worried and at the end of the day it wasnt such a big deal. Go ahead..... Book your appointment :) you can do it!

Reply to Becky