Question
Posted by: shelleyk | 2011/11/09

1 month old with tummy cramps

My one month old is bottle fed with AR formula due to his reflux. He seems to be very hungry all the time so I am feeding him 150ml formula every 4hrs which is the amount for a 2 month old.

He has terrible wind - I have tried everything - I am giving him Motilium (1ml every 8hrs), Telement colic drops in every bottle and 0.5ml Gripe water every now and then to help with his cramps.

He often cries out just before and also when he passes wind and I can actually hear the wind in his tummy. I burp him every 100mls when feeding so I cant understand why he has so much lower wind! He also goes red in the face and cries when passing stools but they are normal - he is not constipated.

What can I give him in addition to what I am giving him or what do I eliminate to help him with the cramping and lower wind problem?

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hi Shelly - With a baby this young I'd be scared to simply recommend an OTC treatment. I think your best option would be to see a paediatrician.

All the best!

1
Posted by: pharmacist | 2011/11/10

All the best!

Reply to pharmacist