Question
Posted by: H | 2008/08/27

1-2x a week enough?

Does practising yoga once or twice a week really improve anything? I' ve heard that you need to do it daily for it to really make a difference in your health. I do all types of excercise - running, weights, spinning, aerobics... Will it help to add yoga to my program once or twice a week?

Expert ImageYoga

YES it would! The body responds best to regularity. If you can maintain a long term yoga practice regularly, you will experience the benefits to body and mind! You might eventually choose naturally to increase your yoga substituting out some other forms of exercise, as yoga will give you the benefits of running, without the risk to your knees, ashtanga yoga for instance, could give you the runners flow experience, and the strength in upper body and legs, and the cardio vascular benefits of aerobics. But if you like the variety, then add yoga once or twice a week and reap the benefits.

1
Posted by: Ria | 2008/12/03

Does Yoga helps for losing weight? And Firming?

Reply to Ria